We’ve started adding some real-life PORTERS examples.
Porters 5 Forces is a strategic framework used to assess the competitive intensity of a “market”, and thus to determine how attractive that market is. It is frequently used in Product Development to help steer strategy.
The Porters Five Forces
- The threat of the entry of new competitors
- The intensity of competitive rivalry
- The threat of substitute products or services
- The bargaining power of customers (buyers)
- The bargaining power of suppliers
Read more about Porters 5 Forces on wikipedia.