Planning your Product Rollout is crucial. You need to design the workstreams, and put project controls in place to be sure your rollout stays on track.
You can see our ready-made, tried-and-tested Rollout Plan Template here.
How to Plan your Product Rollout
Define “Success” – Your Rollout Objectives & KPIs
- What does success look like? – you must document this with measurable success criteria.
- Once you have this, you can identify some points in the rollout when you expect to be able to measure the “Performance” of the rollout.
- You can record these as Milestones, and as KPIs to focus the team on.
Understand your Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies
- In order to ensure the best possible rollout, you to understand what might affect your success negatively, and manage each of these factors.
- In project management terms, this is your RAID log, and includes documenting and managing your:
- View RAID templates here
- Track, mitigate and manage your RAID items through the Rollout process
Define your Phases & Timeline
- With the above points in mind, set your timeline for the Rollout.
- Base the timeline on a realistic and achievable timescale, and with your RAID items in mind.
- If it makes sense to the whole project, split your timeline into Phases, and name them
Define your Milestones
- Along with your KPI points, set milestones so that you can monitor project progress
- Be sure to get regular Status Updates, and ensure the wider team and stakeholders get Status Reports
Set out your Workstreams & Project Activities
- In Agile projects, and in larger Programmes, your team and activities should be arranged in Workstreams
- Each Workstream should represent a team, or a particular area of delivery; e.g. “HR”, “DEV”, “CATERING”, “FINANCE”
- Plan the project activities, and the KPIs out into these workstreams, along the timeline
- Ensure the Workstream participants have contributed, and helped form each workstream plan
Communicate your Rollout Plan!
- Agree the Timeline, Workstream, KPI and Activity plans with your team
- Create a Rollout Plan Presentation, with your team
- Present to all teams and stakeholders
- Give your team and Stakeholders Status Reports frequently throughout the Rollout
Business Documents UK Rollout Templates
Four professional templates to help plan and present an Innovation Transfer Project. Move your Product Prototype through to Production "Business…
This Visio Agile Release Plan Template is designed to help Scrum Teams coordinate Product MVP release planning. Uses a Story…
Ideal for presenting a Product or Project launch, this Project Rollout Plan Template includes plan formats for the crucial time…
The Powerpoint Product Roadmap Template is a "must have" for Product Managers. Shows your product plans by workstream, over 1-2…
The Agile Release Plan Template allows you to show your Agile Programme Plan featuring EPICs and THEMEs, with Release Dates.…