Running a 2-Day Hackathon – Use our Simple Steps and avoid common issues. Keep the event moving, and your participants happy!
This guide is based on 10 years of experience in 2 Day Hackathon event management and digital R&D programmes, and is part of our Innovation Hackathon Template Pack.
How will this guide help me?
- It helps you plan a 2 Day Hackathon Event so that it runs smoothly.
- You will avoid common Hackathon mistakes.
- It gives you tips to prevent your Hackathon participants getting bored or frustrated at your event.
- It emphasises the important factors.
2 Day Hackathon Guide Contents:
- Introduction: Key Elements – Where to focus for Hack Day Delivery.
- The “Get in” – Before the Hack Day starts.
- Registration – Ensure your participants can get in quickly.
- Kickoff – Avoid pitfalls, and start your event with a bang!
- Support – Help your participants make the most of their time.
- Group Updates – Get your participants to share their progress.
- Demo Session – Live demos of all the prototypes.
- Judging, Prizes, Close – Guidance for the judging and awarding of prizes.
- Retrospective – Ensure that you learn for your next Hack Day Event.
- Next Steps – In order to maximise Return on Investment, plan further Hack Day Events.
PPT / Keynote Contents:
You can find out more about Hack Days on the Wikipedia Page.