This RACI Matrix Template includes 3 formats to quickly allocate project Roles and Responsibilities. The simple matrix format is easy to edit and complete.
RACI is used to allocate clear levels of responsibility for areas of a project to people. So, for any particular task in a project, you can use RACI to allocate specific responsibility so that the whole team understands what they are expected to do.
RACI is an acronym that stands for
- Responsible – Allocated to the people who will do the work.
- Accountable – Allocated to one person only. One. This is the person unequivocally in charge of the work
- Consulted – Allocated to the people who will feed into the work. They may be involved in the definition; their involvement is decided by the Accountable person
- Informed – Allocated to the people who are just TOLD about the work. They are not required to feed into- or take part in- the work.
You can use RACI to allocate responsibilities to people (by name), job roles, teams, or organisations – depending on your use case.
The template includes three RACI Matrix formats
1. Project tasks to team RACI
2. Product Launch RACI
3. Product RACI Matrix
Plus an instructions sheet