A Hackathon Event Management Guide, with editorial support to help at each stage. Use this hackathon management guide to avoid common mistakes and to keep your participants happy!
This template is based on 10 years of experience in hackathon event management and digital R&D programmes, and is part of our Innovation Hackathon Template Pack.
What does this template help?
- Planning a Hackathon Event day(s) so that they run smoothly.
- Avoiding common Hackathon mistakes so that you don’t waste precious time.
- Ensuring your Hackathon participants aren’t bored or frustrated at your event.
- Helping you remember all the important factors.
- Introduction: Key Elements – Where to focus for Hackathon Delivery.
- The “Get in” – Before the Hackathon starts.
- Registration – Ensure your participants can get in quickly.
- Kickoff – Avoid pitfalls, and start your event with a bang!
- Support – Help your participants make the most of their time.
- Group Updates – Get your participants to share their progress.
- Demo Session – Live demos of all the prototypes.
- Judging, Prizes, Close – Guidance for the judging and awarding of prizes.
- Retrospective – Ensure that you learn for your next Hackathon Event.
- Next Steps – In order to mazimise Return on Investment, plan further Hackathon Events.
PPT / Keynote Contents:
You can find out more about Hackathons on the Wikipedia Page.