Running a 2-Day Hack Event – Use our Simple Steps and avoid common issues. Keep the event moving, and your participants happy!
This template is based on 10 years of experience in hackathon event management and digital R&D programmes, and is part of our Innovation Hackathon Template Pack.
What does this template help?
- Planning a Hack Day Event so that it runs smoothly.
- Avoiding common Hack Day mistakes so that you don’t waste precious time.
- Ensuring your Hack Day participants aren’t bored or frustrated at your event.
- Helping you remember all the important factors.
- Introduction: Key Elements – Where to focus for Hack Day Delivery.
- The “Get in” – Before the Hack Day starts.
- Registration – Ensure your participants can get in quickly.
- Kickoff – Avoid pitfalls, and start your event with a bang!
- Support – Help your participants make the most of their time.
- Group Updates – Get your participants to share their progress.
- Demo Session – Live demos of all the prototypes.
- Judging, Prizes, Close – Guidance for the judging and awarding of prizes.
- Retrospective – Ensure that you learn for your next Hack Day Event.
- Next Steps – In order to maximise Return on Investment, plan further Hack Day Events.
PPT / Keynote Contents:
You can find out more about Hack Days on the Wikipedia Page.