Provide professional updates with this Innovation Project Status Report. Choose from 15 formats, & benefit from guidance notes. Clear & flexible templates.
Is Innovation Reporting a Special Case?
What’s different about Innovation Projects?
In addition to the normal areas of project & portfolio reporting, Innovation status reports require updates on the spread and movement of concepts in development.
There are also elements, such as resource allocation (with the Eisenhower matrix – see below), that may need re-iterating to stakeholders.
Areas of The Innovation Project Status Report Template
- Summary Status Report Slides: 6 variations.
- Summary Traffic Light + RAID log.
- Summary Traffic Light, 4 Dials, Concept Matrix, and RAID log.
- Summary + Transfer Progress chart.
- Round summary 5 x RAG Dials.
- Traffic Light RAG summary: 4 Areas.
- Traffic Light RAG summary: 5 Areas.
- Innovation Rollout Report Slide:
- Shows Programme Rollout status in Roadmap format.
- Status Report boxes at the bottom of slide.
- Innovation Conversion Funnel Status:
- Simple: 4 Columns and 3 Rows
- Intermediate Level: 6 Columns.
- Advanced Level: Includes notes & actions.
- KPI: Dashboard.
- Dashboard with 5 KPIs, showing “Current” and “Target”.
- Innovation SWOT Dashboard
- “Count” row to show # of elements in each of S.W.O.T.
- List row.
- Notes row.
- Actions row.
- Eisenhower Matrix for Innovation Resource Allocation.
- Six Guidance Slides to help explain the concept.
- Resource Allocation slide to show strategic balance.
- Innovation Radar:
- A lightweight “Update” slide to inform stakeholders.
- Lists “Internal” and “External” opportunities.
- Lists “Distractions” if you are steering your stakeholders away from mistakes.
- Innovation Highlights Report:
- A simple “Update” slide to give an unstructured report.