Use this Powerpoint Change Programme Roadmap Template to refine your programme plans into an inspirational story. This will save you time explaining long documents, and will help your team focus on the mission: Make your Change Programme a success!
“Change Programmes” (part of Change Management) often bring tough leadership challenges. They also tend to be stressful for the people involved, who frequently misunderstand the purpose of the programme because they are not clearly informed.
Common Problems with Change Programmes:
- Unclear objectives and KPIs : Leads to confusion about priorities and direction
- Complicated Gantt Charts : People can’t absorb all that detail, and they forget the plan
- Long Project Documentation : People lose interest, and remember the wrong parts
- Bad communication : People feel uninformed, confused, and get frustrated
How do you prevent these Problems?…
The first step is to make sure you have a clear, easy-to-understand message.
Great!… so how do we make the Change Programme “easy to understand”?
Easy: Tell the whole story – on 1 side of paper
Our Powerpoint Change Programme Roadmap Template can help you speed up the process, and lead you to a great looking presentation on ONE SIDE of paper. This saves you research time, and saves you Powerpoint editing time too!
Step 1: Shorten your message, and make a “Story”
Yes – everyone loves a story, and your Change Programme has a story.
You need to make sure it is SHORT & SIMPLE, so that ALL of your stakeholders and colleagues can understand, and take the story with them.
“I didn’t have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.” – Mark Twain
This is the truth – it’s easier to write massive documents than it is to tell the story in a short, clear format. BE CAREFUL: If you cram in too much information, there will be no simple story for people to take home.
The Simple Story, about your Change “Journey”:
- WHY WE ARE MAKING THE JOURNEY
- THE CHALLENGES ON THE JOURNEY
- THE INSPIRATIONAL DESTINATION
The Powerpoint Change Programme Roadmap Template will step you through this process.
Step 2: Test it on your friends
Don’t prepare too much – as soon as you have your first version, test it! Ask them:
Is my Change Programme Story clear enough?
Do you understand my mission in 5 minutes or less?
Then refine it, and test it again, until the message is slick and clear.
Step 3: Roll it out!
“Inspire everyone around you with the focussed story!”
When people understand the story of your change programme, they can put their effort behind it, and can pass the message onto other colleagues.
This Powerpoint Change Programme Roadmap Template includes:-
- Helpful instructions around the sides of the Powerpoint Slides
- Cover Page – Version and context for stakeholders.
- Message Section for Stakeholder presentations – 3 slides:
- Why are we making this Change?
- What are the challenges?
- What is the destination and target state?
- Change Programme Roadmap Templates – 5 different formats
- “1 Year (Monthly)” Change Programme Roadmap – KPIs + 2 Streams
- “2 Year (Quarterly)” Change Programme Roadmap – KPIs + 2 Streams
- “3 Year (Quarterly)” Change Programme Roadmap – KPIs + 2 Streams
- “2 Year (Quarterly)” Change Programme Roadmap: 4 Workstreams, + Phases
- “3 Year (Quarterly)” Change Programme Roadmap: 4 Workstreams
Try this inspirational approach yourself!
Use this Change Programme Roadmap Template to distil your programme into an inspirational story. This will save you time dragging everyone through your long documents, and will help them all focus on the mission: to make the Change Programme a success!
Once you have created your Change Programme Roadmap, you can look further into some best practises for Leading Change. Kotter International offers this 8-step Process for Leading Change.