Most supply chains are very well managed and controlled, with a full suite of metrics and Management Information (MI) which readily indicate how well a given supplier is performing against contractual obligations.
However, these metrics and MI are designed to
- Report on present position (at best) or more often than not the previous month or weeks performance.
- Focus on the supplier performance in isolation and not take into account the wider performance of the procurement or purchasing department.
POCCET supplier summary enables you to manage your suppliers on a risk basis against the 6 key criteria of a supply chain;
- Order Volume.
Each of the 6 key criteria has separate sheets to record
- Individual supplier score and size of impact.
- Status of position.
- Contingency plan.
- Planned Actions.
This then automatically creates a risk score and populates the dashboard sheet along with a trend profile and mitigation updates.
At a glance you can see
- How well your whole supply chain is performing
- How quickly it can mitigate risks
- Performance of individual suppliers
- Strengths and weakness of your supply chain
- Strengths and weaknesses of your purchasing teams across multiple supplier categories
Additionally the 4 key business requirements (Performance, Cost, Compliance and Excellence) are highlighted so that you are able to report back to key stakeholders on how the supply chain is contributing to the wider strategy.
Business Best Practice
Find out how to score risk, using impact and likelihood, on your risk log. Find templates and avoid problems.