I am running a large project, and it has gone very badly wrong. How do I organise a plan for recovery?
STAY CALM! Approach this in a focused and prioritised manner:
- Bring RAID items up to date: Update your Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies.
- Document “Actions” & “Repairs” required: With the main managers/leaders of the project in question, devise a list of “Actions” and “Repairs” required to recover the project.
- “Work Packages”: Create a list of deliverables required that the current team are unable to deliver; these are your recovery “Work Packages”
- Plan into 3 Phases: Plan the Work Packages, Actions and Repairs into timeboxes for
- Control: The first phase, to get the situation under control.
- Recover: The second phase – the main body of work to
- Transition & Closure: The final phase – to move the project and related deliverables into “Business As Usual” (BAU).
By Business Documents UK Ltd Team . Published: 2016/08/22 7:49:51 PM, Last Updated: 2016/08/22 8:22:38 PM Answer URL