1. Mission : Create a mission statement to sum up your strategy in one sentence.
2. Three Pillars : Refine your delivery plans into three main initiatives. Only 3!
3. Success Criteria : For each “pillar” specify what success looks like.
4. Practise it : Rehearse your backstory for each point, and practise presenting it.
5. Present it : Present your strategy on one page to your stakeholders and teams!
Strategy on One Page Examples
A good BHAG “Strategy On One Page” example – the Moon Challenge
A format inspired by Richard Rumelt’s “Good Strategy Bad Strategy” book
A Cheat Sheet to help you with your Strategy on One Page
Short on time?
Use these templates to help with business best practice:
Related Business Best Practices
Executives and stakeholders have short attention spans. Use this guide to focus on important points.
It is tempting to squeeze all of your information into a page, but this is a mistake. Use this tried and tested format.
Present a Disaster Recovery Plan to your Exec Board: Status, risk levels, robustness, and more.
Use this short guide to write a Problem Statement, including structure, examples and common mistakes to avoid.
A step by step guide to present a strategic plan in a professional format, showing all the important messages.
All Business Best Practice
See all Business Best Practice here.