How to rapidly put a product roadmap together as a team, without extra software or prep, in less than 30 mins.
- Using Google Sheets, setup a shared sheet.
- Create a timeline as a row across the top, with your timeline fitting within screen.
- Create your workstreams – try and keep within 5 workstreams.
- Add some placeholder work units, so that your team can see how they are represented.
- Invite your team members into the shared Google Sheet.
- Get Slack going, or a video conf call, so that you can chat as you create.
By Business Documents UK Ltd Team . Published: 2020/06/14 11:11:42 AM, Last Updated: 2020/06/14 11:15:19 AM Answer URL
It’s fun – and it’s all about constraining the available detail. You can use Google Sheets, so there is no need to sign up to expensive Roadmapping SaaS software!!
Guidelines: You need to keep it simple!
- Brief your team that you need to ensure it is readable within 3 minutes.
- Limit the workstreams to a maximum of 5 or 6.
- Don’t try and represent all the detail – just enough to tell the story!