1. Create a new sheet.
2. Set the printable area to an A4.
3. Set the timeline along the top.
4. Setup your swim lanes in alternating shades of light grey.
5. Draw rectangles for your project items, within each swim lane.
6. Set the colour of your project items to Red, Amber or Green depending on risk status.
7. Add comments where you want to draw items to attention.
8. Add a legend.
Short on time?
Use these templates to help with business best practice:
- New Product Development (NPD).
- Product Management and New Product Development (NPD)
- Product Roadmap - Examples and Templates
Related Business Best Practices
If you have a presentation to do, and are using Keynote on a Mac, here’s the process to help you.
Create a simple Excel Product Roadmap using normal Excel editing tools.
If you need to show KPIs on your Product Roadmap, have a look at these approaches and examples.
Simple steps, and examples of a road map for the project. Easy to understand. Easy to download examples.
Find out how to make a Gantt Chart using Microsoft Excel – as used by professional project managers.
How to show your SWOT alongside your roadmap
I have a presentation to do, which requires a Roadmap Slide – how do I do it in Powerpoint?
All Business Best Practice
See all Business Best Practice here.