This template explains the story mapping process and provides templates so that you can create your User Story Map and your Agile Release Plan.
Step-by-Step guide to User Story Mapping
This template provides guidance on how to create an Agile User Story Map, as outlined by Jeff Patton, and provides templates at each stage. It also then explains how to go from “user story map” to “release plan”.
- Define your system span as a group of feature areas
- Prioritise the features within each of these feature areas
- Define one or two future “Releases” with a goal for each
- “Cut” the features into these “Releases” to achieve each goal, while keeping the feature area groupings
- Arrange the releases on an agile release plan
Editorial Guidance for User Story Mapping Included
For those new to the process, we walk you through each stage with “Guidance” slides