A Playback document is a pre-agreement that covers the terms of commercial offering. It is used to ensure that both parties involved in a commercial transaction are on the same page about what is expected.
The playback document is an important tool for both the buyer and supplier. It helps to ensure that what is being bought and delivered is as expected.
We cover the following key areas in this document:
- An overview of the proposition: A high level summary, key terms, what is excluded and what the deliverables are.
- Commercials : Factors such as minimum orders, right of termination, contract length and payment terms. We have included a format for a full breakdown of costs for the service.
- Service Levels: We capture a service level slide with specifics, targets and method of measurement.
- Service Credits: Which service levels have associated service credits and at what threshold so there is no ambiguity.
- Data Feeds: How the two companies intend to exchange data.
- Management Information: A definition of what important data you expect the supplier to send you.
- Key Contractual terms: How long the contract term is, what insurance is expected and other key areas.
- Digital Roadmap: How you expect digital enhancements over the contract term.
- Account Management structure: Who will be looking after your account.
- Implementation Plan: How the supplier intends to onboard you as a client so you have a smooth project launch.
- Cost of the commercial: The playback document will specify the cost of the commercial, which may be based on the length of the commercial, the placement of the commercial, or the target audience.
Here are some of the benefits of using a playback document:
- Reduces the risk of misunderstandings: The playback document clearly outlines the terms and conditions of the commercial proposition.
- Provides a framework for negotiation: The playback document is used as a framework for the legal negotiations.
- Provides a record of the agreement: The playback document serves as a record of the agreement between both parties which can be helpful in case of any disputes or disagreements.