There is a lot of conflicting information about setting up an innovation programme... What should I do?
The purpose of an innovation programme is to generate a stream of new ideas. The first place you should look for new ideas is within your own organisation – your own staff are the answer; you just need to set the right framework to get the best out of them.
You need to create regular space where you staff feel free to explore your strategic challenges. The FROST In-house Innovation Framework sets out some simple principles to make this easy for you.
By Business Documents UK Ltd Team . Published: 2018/07/29 12:42:26 AM, Last Updated: 2018/07/29 12:42:26 AM Answer URL
The FROST In-House Innovation Framework makes it easy for you to set up an innovation programme that gets the best out of your staff.
The principles are:-
- Focussed – Channel your staff’s efforts with a simple challenge. “How might we …?”
- Regular – Set aside regular time for your staff to get stuck into the challenge.
- Open – Remove constraints, and provide support.
- Safe – Support boldness, and encourage risk taking and outrageous ideas.
- Tangible – New ideas should be demonstrated by working prototypes.
Short on time?
try one of these templates:
- How do I setup an Innovation Programme in a large organisation?
- How do I start an in-house Innovation Programme?
- What templates can I use for New Product Development?
- How do I make a business case for a Hack Event?
- How much does a Hackathon Event cost?