I have a presentation to do, and I am using Keynote on a Mac. How do I create a Roadmap slide?
- Create 2-5 horizontal workstreams, one for each ongoing area of your product or project.
- Set the Timeframe along the top (weeks / months / years).
- Establish the important activities in each workstream.
- Communicate risk levels, emphasise the highest 1-3 risky areas.
- Set a few Milestones along the timeline at the top.
- Add callouts for any remaining important messages.
By Business Documents UK Ltd Team . Published: 2016/04/30 11:29:55 PM, Last Updated: 2019/08/11 12:48:54 PM Answer URL
In ALL AREAS, you should be focussing on keeping the message simple and clear. You must be able to read the whole roadmap template within 5 minutes.
- Name your workstreams.
- We advise 3-6 workstreams.
- These can be teams, or categories of work.
- Try to avoid acronyms or jargon.
- Set the Timeframe.
- Not too long – be careful of over-promising in the long term.
- Think about your target audience for the roadmap, and manage expectations.
- Establish the important activities.
- These are your projects or features or initiatives.
- Do not list them all – just the important information you want remembered.
- Communicate Risk levels.
- Another great way to manage expectations.
- Be honest, and be clear.
- Admit when you do not have a mitigation.
- Set Milestones.
- Again, just the important messages you want to sink in.
- Five or six should be the maximum.
- Add remaining important points.
- Are there any points left as part of your story?
- Add them in.