If you have a presentation to do, and are using Keynote on a Mac, here’s the process to help you.
1. Create 2-5 horizontal workstreams, one for each ongoing area of your product or project.
2. Set the Timeframe along the top (weeks / months / years).
3. Establish the important activities in each workstream.
4. Communicate risk levels, emphasise the highest 1-3 risky areas.
5. Set a few Milestones along the timeline at the top.
6. Add callouts for any remaining important messages.
Keynote Roadmap Slide in a bit more detail
In ALL AREAS, you should be focussing on keeping the message simple and clear. You must be able to read the whole roadmap template within 5 minutes.
- Name your workstreams.
- We advise 3-6 workstreams.
- These can be teams, or categories of work.
- Try to avoid acronyms or jargon.
- Set the Timeframe.
- Not too long – be careful of over-promising in the long term.
- Think about your target audience for the roadmap, and manage expectations.
- Establish the important activities.
- These are your projects or features or initiatives.
- Do not list them all – just the important information you want remembered.
- Communicate Risk levels.
- Another great way to manage expectations.
- Be honest, and be clear.
- Admit when you do not have a mitigation.
- Set Milestones.
- Again, just the important messages you want to sink in.
- Five or six should be the maximum.
- Add remaining important points.
- Are there any points left as part of your story?
- Add them in.
Are you short on time?
Use these templates to help with business best practice:
A stylish roadmap template in excel format – perfect for adding to existing financial sheets so all your project details are in kept in the same formatSee: Excel Roadmap Template
This Roadmap Template Guide is easy to follow, with a 6-step process to create your own Roadmap using MS Powerpoint.See: Step-by-step Roadmap Template Guide PowerPoint
This easy-to-follow Keynote Roadmap Template Guide will walk you through a 6 step process to create your own Project Roadmap in Keynote.See: Step-by-step Keynote Roadmap Template Guide
This Keynote Product Roadmap Template is based on our leading format started back in 2005. This Keynote file is Mac Compatible.See: Keynote Product Roadmap Template (Mac Compatible)