Some examples of the top prompts in each area, as used by market professionals prioritising PESTLE.
1. Political: Look at the Government, Policy and Tax situations; what are businesses talking about?
2. Economic: Look at impacts on the company costs and profits for products and services, and estimate for both national and international.
3. Social: Look at cultural trends in the territory. These can make a significant difference.
4. Technological: Look at the R&D competitive landscape, and at new enabling technologies.
5. Legal: Check both external and internal factors here, including labour law, consumer law, operating standards, and safety standards.
6. Environmental: For the environment are you operating in, check climate concerns, geographic concerns,
PESTLE in more detail
More detail can be seen in this PESTLE Cheat Sheet.
Short on time?
try one of these templates:
PESTLE and PESTEL are both acronyms for a macro environmental strategic analysis process. Find out more here.
PESTEL, or PESTLE, is an analysis process to help Marketers, Strategists. Use a pestle analysis template.