Here's a step by step guide to create one quickly - 5 minutes for a 1 side Roadmap.
- Decide the timeframe, and set a timeline along the top of the page.
- Establish 2-6 “Workstreams” as horizontal rectangles under the timeline.
- Set out the “work units” as small boxes with labels in each workstream, up to 6 per workstream.
- Decide a few key deliverables and set them as milestones above the timeline.
By Business Documents UK Ltd Team . Published: 2015/06/30 8:36:21 PM, Last Updated: 2020/04/18 2:13:20 PM Answer URL
The Powerpoint Roadmap is an essential tool in every Project Manager and Product Manager’s toolbox.
Massive Gantt Charts become unweildy. WBS diagrams too complex.
So – the Roadmap format can communicate your plans, key milestones and status “at a glance”.
Example Powerpoint Product Roadmap Template
With all of these steps, bear in mind that you must keep the document un-cluttered; the idea is that your stakeholders can take in the overall message in 2-3 minutes. Keep it simple!
- List your “Workstreams” – what are the project teams, or streams of activity, that make up your Project/Product?
- Decide the timeframe – what is the length of time most useful for your comms, and most useful to get your message across?
- Set out the “work units” in each workstream – what are the large project units, of at least 1 month, that make up your workstreams?
- Decide the key deliverables & milestones – what are the most important deliverables or “project moments” that you need to focus people on?
- Include any key messages, using infographics or colour coding – what are the status, positive, or indeed warning messages you want to communicate?
- Select a template – which of the templates below will save you time in creating a stunning Powerpoint Roadmap format?
If you are going to be creating a lot of Powerpoint Roadmap formats, consider our Powerpoint Roadmap Template Discount Bundle (will save you over 50%).