Here's a step by step guide to creating your Powerpoint Product Roadmap for team planing, and communications
- List your “Workstreams”.
- Decide the timeframe.
- Set out the “work units” in each workstream.
- Decide the key deliverables & milestones.
- Draw it on 1 side of paper.
- Create it in Powerpoint.
The Powerpoint Roadmap is an essential tool in every Project Manager and Product Manager’s toolbox.
Massive Gantt Charts become unweildy. WBS diagrams too complex.
So – the Roadmap format can communicate your plans, key milestones and status “at a glance”.
Example Powerpoint Product Roadmap Template
With all of these steps, bear in mind that you must keep the document un-cluttered; the idea is that your stakeholders can take in the overall message in 2-3 minutes. Keep it simple!
- List your “Workstreams” – what are the project teams, or streams of activity, that make up your Project/Product?
- Decide the timeframe – what is the length of time most useful for your comms, and most useful to get your message across?
- Set out the “work units” in each workstream – what are the large project units, of at least 1 month, that make up your workstreams?
- Decide the key deliverables & milestones – what are the most important deliverables or “project moments” that you need to focus people on?
- Include any key messages, using infographics or colour coding – what are the status, positive, or indeed warning messages you want to communicate?
- Select a template – which of the templates below will save you time in creating a stunning Powerpoint Roadmap format?
If you are going to be creating a lot of Powerpoint Roadmap formats, consider our Powerpoint Roadmap Template Discount Bundle (will save you over 50%).
Short on time?
try one of these templates:
By Business Documents UK Ltd Team . Published: 2015/06/30 8:36:21 PM, Last Updated: 2016/05/01 8:33:31 AM
- How do I create a Keynote Roadmap slide?
- How do I create a Powerpoint Product Roadmap quickly?
- How do I create a Project Roadmap?
- How do I define my Product Strategy?
- How do I present a Project Timeline?
- How do I create a Powerpoint Roadmap slide?
- How do I create an Agile Project Release Plan?
- How do I plan my new product?