Some simple steps to communicate your plans on a project timeline. Impress your audience with great presentations.
Arrange your page in Landscape format (long side along the bottom).
Draw a single timeline horizontally, with start and end dates.
Add time intervals clearly marked along the timeline.
Choose the most important project elements for your audience – arrange these along the timeline.
If there are any priority risks or issues, place these along the timeline.
Test your presentation on a friend or colleague, and adjust as required.
You are ready. Good luck with your project presentation!
In more detail
- Find a simple timeline or project timeline that suits your Project.
- Do you need multiple workstreams?
- What are your KPIs?
- Select your template based on what you want to communicate at your presentation.
- Fill the template in with the important project elements for your audience.
- As a rule, you have 5 mins to run through the whole Project timeline.
- If it takes longer than 5 mins for people to understand your Timeline, it is too complicated.
- If there are any priority risks, be sure to include these.
- Your colleagues and stakeholders will appreciate being told HONESTLY about any risks or issues.
- Be sure to have your suggested mitigation plans ready to discuss.
- Test your presentation on a friend or colleague, and adjust as required.
- This is very important. Be sure to test it on a trusted friend. Why?..
- When you are “close to the material” (i.e. when it is YOUR project) you will make assumptions about what people know. So please please do test your presentation.
- Your friend will help you spot things you have overlooked, or that do not make sense.
- Ready to go. Good luck with your presentation!
Some project management tools that can help you:
- Office timelines
- Project timeline template
- Project scheduling
- Simple project timeline template
- Project scope
- Business planning
- Get your audience engaged with a Roadmap
- Create a project timeline
- Team members project tasks – RACI
- Gantt charts
- Powerpoint Templates
- Powerpoint Timeline Slides
- Powerpoint Timeline Template
Short on time?
try one of these templates:
Notes, templates, tips and tricks for how to create an agile project release plan.