Some simple steps to communicate your plans on a project timeline. Impress your audience with great presentations.
Arrange your page in Landscape format (long side along the bottom).
Draw a single timeline horizontally, with start and end dates.
Add time intervals clearly marked along the timeline.
Choose the most important project elements for your audience – arrange these along the timeline.
If there are any priority risks or issues, place these along the timeline.
Test your presentation on a friend or colleague, and adjust as required.
You are ready. Good luck with your project presentation!
In more detail
- Find a simple timeline or project timeline that suits your Project.
- Do you need multiple workstreams?
- What are your KPIs?
- Select your template based on what you want to communicate at your presentation.
- Fill the template in with the important project elements for your audience.
- As a rule, you have 5 mins to run through the whole Project timeline.
- If it takes longer than 5 mins for people to understand your Timeline, it is too complicated.
- If there are any priority risks, be sure to include these.
- Your colleagues and stakeholders will appreciate being told HONESTLY about any risks or issues.
- Be sure to have your suggested mitigation plans ready to discuss.
- Test your presentation on a friend or colleague, and adjust as required.
- This is very important. Be sure to test it on a trusted friend. Why?..
- When you are “close to the material” (i.e. when it is YOUR project) you will make assumptions about what people know. So please please do test your presentation.
- Your friend will help you spot things you have overlooked, or that do not make sense.
- Ready to go. Good luck with your presentation!
Some project management tools that can help you:
- Office timelines
- Project timeline template
- Project scheduling
- Simple project timeline template
- Project scope
- Business planning
- Get your audience engaged with a Roadmap
- Create a project timeline
- Team members project tasks – RACI
- Gantt charts
- Powerpoint Templates
- Powerpoint Timeline Slides
- Powerpoint Timeline Template
Are you short on time?
Use these templates to help with business best practice:
This captures the key elements of a project so you can deliver a smooth handover.See: Project Handover PowerPoint
This Google Sheets Roadmap Template can be uploaded and used on Google Drive (G Suite) for business, so that you can use our professional roadmap layouts easily.See: Google Sheets Compatible Roadmap Template (Excel)
The business case guide template for your Innovation Hackathon Event: Argue the benefits to your organisation and staff using these 60 slides of guidance and templates.See: Hackathon Business Case Guide & Template (PPT and Keynote)
Show the changes in resource levels for each of your projects or workstreams over time. Highlight costs, project timings, resource changes, risk levels, AND your milestones, in one easily digestible diagram.See: Resource Plan with Workstream Resource Changes Template
A stylish PowerPoint project report which allows you to show your progress against the plan and budget.See: Project Report
This Powerpoint RACI Presentation Template includes easy-to-edit RACI formats: RACI along the top, down the left, and RACI represented within the MatrixSee: Powerpoint RACI Presentation Template
This template explains the story mapping process and provides templates so that you can create your User Story Map and your Agile Release Plan.See: Powerpoint User Story Mapping Template
This RACI template allows you list your project tasks with RACI roles & responsibilities for each person. The RACI Dashboard indicates project responsibility readiness using this data.See: RACI Template & Dashboard for managing project responsibilities (Excel)